Tuesday 31 March 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

Well, enough goofing around in WA, time to be moving on and settling down. After about 10 weeks in Perth, Fremantle and Albany, the I'll be flying off to Melbourne and work on getting settled down there. I meant to write more over the last 10 weeks but it was a bit busy. I'll have to see how it goes after getting there. There is a lot to set up and organize.

It has been a really good 10 weeks and I have seen some really great things. Dolphins on the south coast in the Southern Ocean, a few off South Beach in Fremantle, and two just a few days ago well up the Swan River in central Perth. The marsupials are quite cool. There were lots of kangaroo wandering around down south. The bandicoot that wandered around the garden was great. Then the quakkas on Rottnest Island, yeah, they were cute too.

I'm getting a good handle on the birds here after sighting eagles, osprey, honey eaters, and more parrots and cockatoos than you can shake a stick at. I could probably make a list of about 50 different species that I've seen since I've gotten here. I'm looking forward to seeing which ones are different in eastern Australia.

There has been cycle camping from Albany to Walpole, a week in a fishing shack on a cliff over the Southern Ocean, a few days on Rottnest Island, snorkeling and swimming in a lot of different bays and rivers, kayaking in a few other rivers, and hmm what else? It is nice that most museums are free in Australia, so I've wandered through a few of them.

I should be to Melbourne then pretty quickly. I'm looking for a few good concert buddies. It has been too long since I've seen many live shows. Drop me a line and tell me what bands are cool to see. So, here I come.

No comments: