Tuesday 23 May 2006

Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

So, I missed the actual competition, something else was on better like yet another show about restoring your home/buying a home in Eastern Europe/auctioning off grandma's crap from the attic/plan your holiday to Eastern Europe/etc, or I was in the pub or something. Lordi was crowned kings of Europe. I must reflect though that previous champions have included ABBA, Celine Dion, and also loads of others who have never been heard from again.

I love how the news reports are calling them the "first heavy metal-type entry". Are they wavering as to whether they are heavy enough to be heavy metal or if they are too heavy.

As for myself, when I heard they won, Finland, dark metal, hmm, that's close to Norway isn't it? But no such luck. When I finally heard them, most of it sounded lifted right from KISS. For saying they are going to bring the balls back to rock, what's up with all the synth in the background? The stuff isn't even very fast. A lot of it is even sensitive, with that crappy post David Lee Roth Van Halen backing vocals stuff. Well, it probably sounds more like that period stuff than KISS. Sigh. I guess this is one band that isn't going to be torching churches. Norway seems so very far away from Finland.

No comments: