Friday 5 August 2005

Big Brother, please go away

Big Brother, I mean really, do people watch this thing? I was just flipping through channels and there it was again, spellbinding video of people sleeping. Gee, I certainly hope I had the vcr running capturing that exciting moment.

But really, is this the most breathtakingly boring endless bit of tv conceivable? I might as well just program Channel 4 and E4 out of my receiver for who knows how long. Didn't this thing start back like last winter or something? Will somebody tell me when this thing is finally going to be over? I've tried searching for this numerous times but I can't find it anywhere.

I find endless things on who is getting evicted and all the latest gossip about, well, I don't know what the gossip is about, I can't be bothered to watch the stuff, why would I want to read about it too. But will somebody tell me when this thing is over? If it is going to be like September or October, well, ok, I'll deal with it but it would be nice to have a date I can look forward to. I can find plenty of information about when the next eviction is going to be but nowhere does it say the suffering will be over on this date.

Don't get me wrong, I've watched probably more than my share of cheezy reality tv shows. I mean please bring back Temptation Island. That show rocked. I've suffered through crap tv reality shows too, Joe Millionaire and even the stupid sequel. God help me, I even watched the one with the midgets. I watched the Bachelor series decline into sheer boredom (I missed the last few seasons of the US one but the UK version was really awful. Like none of them even pretended to like each other - "I think I fancy him but I'm not sure yet"). But in terms of suck-o-rama, Big Brother is not only boring and total crap, but it seems to never ever end. Please, no more.

2 comments:

Micharl Purphy said...

I am a hopeless slave to reality tv. It goes against everything I believe in. But wait, I don't believe in anything anymore so I guess I'm allowed to destry at will. Good luck.
Chaz

Mothlight said...

Oh, reality tv is totally real, have no doubt of that.

But you know, they are getting cheap now. You used to be able to win like a million dollars and then it creeped down to like 100k. Soon it will be whatever change the PA can fish out of the back of the couch. And you won and here's your prize of, 53 cents. Congratulations.